“DiCultYouth for a European digital economy” is an e-learning course that teaches the histories, methods, and theories in Digital Culture, in combination with specialist skills in cultural industry so as to best prepare them to work towards a digital horizon in the socio-economic field related to cultural heritage sector.
The e-learning programme is comprised of three thematic and self-paced learning modules consisting of a series of samples of non-formal learning activities, educational tools, background texts, references and direct web-based links to useful sources of information, and more. The 3 thematic modules of the course are:
- Introduction to digitization in cultural sector (Basic Digital skills)
- Cultural Heritage Management skills
- Practical training in new digital technologies.
The training course was designed to combine theoretical and practical sessions, opportunities for the exchange of best practice as well ongoing follow-up support once the courses have finished. It is also mobile friendly and can be accessed by all smartphones.
The design and development of the training curriculum was based on the following principles
- Be written in clear language easily understood by those who would use it
- Free from any apparent or hidden discrimination against a person either to the wording or content
- Provide a satisfactory basis for the measurement, evaluation and assessment
- Reflect better employment practice, assessed against the European and international standards, where appropriate.
- The output (training module and material) is going to be translated into the languages of participants, multiplying accessibility.
- The training course and material will remain available on the project webpage and will be available to other institutions, participants (cultural organizations, public authorities etc) and stakeholders in order to use it providing training for cultural heritage practitioners